BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tiny Treasures Tuesday: 1 month

This photo was my poor little Aeson just after surgery. He is now over 1 month old. It was strange because he was sent to the hospital the first time on the fourth of August and this time it was the fourth of September. Let's hope everything is well on the 4th of October!

Aeson had his one month dr's appointment today. He weighed 9lbs, 4oz. He had been 9lbs, 6oz before the pyloric stenosis.. and then dropped down to 9lbs, 2oz while that was going on. He was 21.5 inches.. which leave both his height and weight around the 20th percentile. His little head was only in the 14th percentile! She said there's no way to account for his prematurity, so he's just going to be our little guy I think. :)

Our pediatrician showed me how to get him calmed down when he's upset. I cannot leave him ANYwhere without him crying! He can be sound asleep, but when I put him down he's awake within 5 minutes. The absolute only thing he'll tolerate sometimes is the Boppy.. thank GOODNESS for that thing!

It's so weird for me to have a blue eyed boy. I LOVE his eyes.. they're SO pretty. Having brown eyes myself and knowing they usually have dominance lead me to believe I'd never have a child with light eyes!

Aeson's doing so well with nursing now too. I'm so glad I didn't give up.

***

Westen is my little challenger right now! He thinks he knows everything and he will not stop arguing with you if you get started! Lately, he's been quick to tell people that Aeson doesn't talk when they try to talk to him.

Westen is always saying/asking the funniest things but by the time I go to write in here I can never remember them!

One thing he has been very 'into' lately is giving presents. He'll wrap things up in a Kleenex or envelope and give them to us as presents. :) He gets very excited about it too.

The past couple of nights, Westen has wanted to read the Halloween Clifford book each time. We went to a flea market thing this past weekend and he got a bunch of little pumpkins in his own bag that he has been playing with since. I think he's very excited for Halloween.

This past weekend too, his Uncle Eddie was teaching him how to throw a football. It was so cute, and I wish I'd taken my camera.

2 comments:

Good Timing said...

Aeson is your little guy! He is teeny! I am sure he will be big in no time! I love Westen giving you little presents, that is so cute. :)

Lerin said...

Bella was also tiny with all kinds of issues. Sometimes, I feel like our lives follow the same script! Westen is so funny, love how he is telling everyone the baby doesn't talk yet. ;)