BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, February 3, 2012

36 weeks

This past Wednesday, I had my 36 week appointment. I'd gained almost 2 pounds, so at the next appointment, I should be right around 30 for the whole pregnancy. (If I make it to the next one ;)) My blood pressure remained awesome, which I have been SO thankful for. I'm so, so, so glad we haven't had to deal with any of the stuff we did with Aeson's pregnancy! I had him at exactly 36 weeks and I remember feeling very ready.. With this one, I still feel great! Anyway, the doctor checked me and I was dilated to a 1! He said I'd thinned out a lot too. I was really surprised. I have had a LOT of Braxton Hicks contractions, but I'd read they didn't really do anything except help you thin out. I also wasn't a 1 until 38 weeks with Westen and was still a 1 when my water broke and I went to the hospital. So, I think that's a good sign! The doctor said he thinks I'll have her within the next 2 weeks. If it's before next Wednesday (37 weeks), they will try to stop it, though. After that, they won't. I'm really hoping she makes it to then, because I don't want to deal with trying to stop it! He was guessing her at 7lbs right now. They did a quick sono, and she measured on there to be about 6lbs, 7oz. We could see her little pug nose (I think she looks like Aeson haha.. Eric didn't think you could tell!), and they still didn't see any boy parts! :) She was head down too (which I'd known she had been for the last few days-- I'd gone to the chiro the Thursday before and my sacrum was completely out of place, so once he popped that in, I did my inversion thing that night & have been sitting on the exercise ball each night & she moved right down!), so I'm thinking that's a good sign too!

We got to finally talk to the doctor in depth after that about our birth plan. I was so nervous about it before, because you never know how people (especially doctors) are going to take things that are outside the 'norm.' He was completely fine with everything, though! He's very relaxed and laid back. It's really nice to be going to someone who seems to really care about the patients, not himself, and doesn't try to impose any ideas on you. We really like him. We also found out that he came from the biggest hospital in the US (one in California) & they had a less than 5% c-section rate! (compared to around 25% at most hospitals..) He's done tons of VBAC's & agrees it is the better option than repeat c-section. He does require internal monitoring during labor, because he said if the uterus gets any little hole or tear, air will blow through that with the contractions and will show up abnormally. I didn't know too much about it, so I didn't ask any questions, but it seemed to make sense.

When I got home, I talked to my doula to update her and talk about if they do have to stop labor and the internal monitor and all those things. I'm so glad I have her! I also asked online about the internal monitor, asking for experiences, and rather than getting experiences, everyone wanted to give their opinions! It has stressed me out since! I have some questions for the doc if I make it to the next appointment, but I do trust him, and I do believe he would do what's in me and baby's best interest- not his own.

Hearing that she will most likely come in the next 2 weeks has made me rush around to get things done! My brain's been pretty crazy since then! I've been cleaning non-stop, getting things ready for the hospital, trying to get ahead on my homework, etc. It's been a little stressful, especially since Eric's working almost 60 hours this week. I'm getting more scared of labor but just hoping things go well for both of us. I've been feeling crampy the last couple of days, which I remember feeling in the days before having Westen. You never know, though - doctors are wrong sometimes, so who knows if it will really happen before 38 weeks! Westen has mentioned things a couple of times about thinking that I'll have her on the 6th or 7th. He's never changed it, so we'll see! I honestly feel like it will be between then and 38 weeks. It's a weird feeling knowing I could go into labor at any time. I have had a LOT of braxton hicks with this pregnancy, so already with those I've wondered when they're going to turn into real contractions and not stop. They've been getting a little stronger and more uncomfortable the past few days as well. I have everyone notified to keep their phones on, so we can get help with the kids when it does happen!

Alright, I better get back to my chemistry! Not much else to update on!

3 comments:

Good Timing said...

Oh wow! So many exiting things going on. Can't believe you are 36 weeks already! Aubryn is going to be here before you know it. Can't wait to see pics of her and hear all about it. Hoping for a safe, smooth delivery for you. Can you describe what the Braxton hicks feel like? I'm wondering if I'm starting to get them. Have a lovely weekend with the fam, sounds like you're in fll nesting mode! :)

Ashley said...

Thank you! Braxton hicks at first just felt like a tightening in my stomach.. a little uncomfortable but not too bad. They'd usually cause the baby to be really defined and then after my stomach would go back to the normal round shape. I get a lot more or notice them a lot more when I'm lying down.

Good Timing said...

Okay that's totally what I'm having a ton of! Thanks for clarifying for me! :)