BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day Of Kindergarten

Well, today was my first little boy's first day of kindergarten! We went to Back to School Night a couple of nights ago to meet his teacher and get all the information they had for us. He has a new teacher to the school this year. Anyway, while she was talking, I teared up TWICE! I couldn't even sleep that night, wondering about how he was going to do and if he would be able to do things for himself. The school seemed so big and scary for a little 5 year old boy! It also makes me feel like less of a mommy since he will no longer be in MY care all day. :( Yesterday, I took him to meet his teacher and show him around. He seemed nervous but didn't say much. This morning, I went in and laid in his bed before he had woken up, wondering how my little boy in his giant bed (he wanted our queen bed when we got a new one) was old enough to go to school all by himself all day long. I stopped myself from crying before I woke him up and then spent some time cuddling with him. He got up and ready but barely ate breakfast. He teared up a little later and said he was scared and didn't want to go. :( I gave him hugs and told him as many reassuring things as I could think of. After stopping for a picture on the way out, Aeson and I took him to school and walked him to where he was supposed to be. He seemed just fine, and we were able to leave without any problem. I cried the whole way home and have teared up several times since then! I keep wondering how he's doing, and I hope he's having fun. He was worried about how long the day would be. I'm hoping he has lots of good things to tell me when I pick him up. Tomorrow, we're planning on trying the bus ride and then see which he prefers. I just can't believe he's starting his school career.. feels like it's just the start to him leaving me forever! :'(


1 comments:

Good Timing said...

Assess. Doesn't he look all grown up in that picture?? I'm sure he wil love school and end up doing just fine. Plus, he's one smart lil cookie!