BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Friday, August 19, 2011

Updates on Aeson & School-time Routine

I called this morning about Aeson's bloodwork, and his last AFP had only been 6.something, so going up to 11.3 this time was a pretty high jump. From what I've read, it starts relatively high at birth and then is supposed to continually decline over time. I probably should have kept track of what the levels had been, but since they'd always been normal, I guess I didn't feel I had any reason to. Anyway, I asked if we could re-test sooner, and she said to go ahead in 2 weeks. I'm glad! This one was already a bit behind the 3 month mark anyway b/c the doctor had been on vacation. So, we'll test again on the 31st and of course appreciate any prayers sent our way. I'm hopeful but not expecting everything to be okay either. I think I thought I'd be more upset when/if something like this came up, and while I have gotten teary a couple times, I'm really not.. yet anyway. I think partially because we've always known it could come back abnormal (and this is just a reminder of why Aeson has to go through it every 3 months) and partially because I don't know that there IS anything wrong yet. I'll be praying hard until we find out, and it really just makes me give Aeson extra hugs, extra kisses, and spend extra time with him.


Speaking of Aeson, he's actually started watching tv this last week. He really never watched it before (and that's a good thing, I know!), but all of a sudden, he started sitting in brother's room watching tv for short periods of time. While I don't like a lot of tv time, it is nice to have that extra quiet/alone time!

He's also doing AMAZING on potty training! At the beginning of the week, Westen asked him if he would go potty and he DID. This was after refusing for the last couple of weeks with me. (I was hoping to get him potty trained while I was on a break from school!) So anyway, since then, he's constantly gone on the potty! He's only had one accident so far too! He'll even tell me when he has to pee and he goes in there all by himself and prefers to pee in the big potty (we keep our step stool in front of it). We have put a pull up on him when we go to friend's houses or out places and he doesn't tell us at all then. The night before last night, we put undies on while we went on a walk (we've just been letting him go around the house diaperless), and he peed then.. but last night, we did it again, and he didn't! I think I'm going to continue to use pullups for sleep time but start putting him in underwear when we go places & just take extra clothes. I'm so proud of how he's doing, though!

He's also constantly talking in sentences, and it's so cute to hear him do so. It's funny how you can see him thinking & to hear how he puts the words together. One example I wrote on the 2 year old questionnaire that he recently said was "I need that Gabba Ga cos" (translation - I need that Yo Gabba Gabba costume).

***

I've never been good at sticking to a schedule or routine. Since school is starting next week, I've come up with one that I'm hoping to stick to! It consists of after school having free time, homework/things ready for the next day time, dinner, pick up, bath, and rest time before an actual set bedtime. The kids have never had a set bedtime, but I know Westen will need it now that he's going to have to get up so early! I've also never been good about having the kids pick up their toys on a regular basis.. Since we're all here all day every day, it just seemed rather pointless to me. Now that we'll be gone a portion of the day, though, and they do need to learn to regularly pick up after themselves, I'm going to try having them pick up on a nightly basis. They do pick up after themselves but not all the time and they never pick EVERYTHING up unless we're all deep cleaning the house.. which is about once a week. Anyway, I do like routines, so I'm hoping we can stick to it!

0 comments: