BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010: The best Christmas EVER! :)

We spent Christmas Eve at Eric's parents. It started snowing before we left, and I ended up having to drive both there and home verrrrry slowly! We had a wonderful time with them and got so many nice things. Westen's most favorite gift was a Lego airplane, which he & Eric put together the next day. Westen also got a bed tent that he loves, dinosaurs that hatch in water, a how-to draw book, and a whole bunch of other things. I got a mat that I've been REALLY wanting for right inside our door and a whole bunch of other nice things. I can't really remember everything off the top of my head, but basically we all got LOTS of VERY nice things! We went to church with them that evening, and Westen wanted to hold the candle when it came time for that. He repeated the end of the prayer after the pastor, which I thought was too cute! He didn't want the candle to blow out, so he carried it very carefully until we were about halfway to the car & then it blew out. We went back to open stockings after that, and we just had a wonderful time with everyone!

I had to drive back by myself, because Eric had had to work that day & had just met us at his parent's. I was so nervous! I hate driving in weather like that, and it feels like it takes FORever to get home. I got a bit tearful on my way home too, thinking of how thankful I am for the life I have now. I'm so, so, so very blessed.

Christmas morning, we woke up early & opened gifts! Aeson was really into opening this year. He even helped everyone else open theirs! We got the kids a swingset for their big present together. Westen got a T Rex, a hex bug, a zhu zhu pet, a new Magna Doodle, and several other things. Aeson got a Power Wheel (that he loves!), a tent with a tunnel, a dancing Elmo, and lots more. We also got them bathtub crayons that they REALLY love. I got Eric a Patriots zip-up, a couple pairs of lounge pants, the Harry Potter video game, a really nice hot/cold Cubs cup with a lid, and an ornament- plus little things in his stocking. Eric bought me a Kindle! I LOVE it! I've already read a couple of the free books. It is so much better than reading an actual book! He also got me a candle and some other little things like that for my stocking.

My sister and I prepared lunch this year, and we had it at my house. Mom bought Westen a new bike, Aeson a wagon with all terrain wheels, and got them several smaller toys. I can't remember what all Aunt Chels got them! They got WAAAAY too much from everyone, that's for sure! I'm struggling with how to teach them not to be greedy and to be very thankful for what they get. Lunch was very, very, very good and it was nice to relax with the family afterwards. It's nice being here too, because Aeson was able to take a nap & so was Bentley. Bentley sleeps in Aeson's crib since Aeson never does!

Late that afternoon, we headed to my dad's house. They got Westen a Steelers jersey, a book, and I can't remember what else! Aeson got an outfit, a book or two, and again I can't remember what other thing. Eric got a couple gift cards, and I got a hurricane and photo album. We went to my grandparent's for dinner and got a few more gifts there. The country roads were covered in drifting snow! Thankfully, they only live about a mile outside of town. Everything was sooo pretty both nights.. I wanted to get out and take pictures!

We were absolutely exhausted by the time we got home that night. Sunday, we spent most of the day taking things out of their packages, playing with the kids, cleaning, and organizing.

This week has been pretty typical. Westen stayed all night with Eric's parents a couple nights ago. We had my Aunt Gina's birthday party on Monday night. I started watching my nephew Bentley on Tuesday & that went a little rough! Hopefully he'll get better!

So anyway, overall, it was an absolutely wonderful Christmas. It was so fun with the boys. I loved how 'into' it Aeson was this year, and Westen kept saying "This is the best Christmas ever!" We had such a wonderful time with ALL the family, and got more things than we should have! We're so very, very thankful for every single person and for all the things we got. We are very, very blessed!

1 comments:

Dave said...

Hi, Ash - This is one of the nicest things I've read in AGES! We, obviously, feel blessed, too!