Mr. Timmy was sitting on top of our cupboards this morning. Westen actually found him right away this morning. As soon as he stirs, Westen gets RIGHT up and says "Dad, will you help me find that little guy?" The first couple days I think it was actually causing him to get less sleep because he got up earlier than usual! Our day today was all about gingerbread. We made the dough this morning. I'd never made it and I was a little worried because it seemed kind of dry, but after letting it sit for a few hours, it was perfect. We rolled it out and cut different shapes. Westen didn't want to do only gingerbread men. We made a puzzle out of the dough too, for Westen's advent gift tomorrow. We shaped the dough into a rectangle, then cut it after it was cooked into different puzzle pieces, then put it all back together and decorated it with icing. Westen wanted to make a snowman on there, so we did.. Then I thought to make clouds and Westen thought to make snow on the bottom and snow falling! He's so creative. Earlier today, he woke Aeson up from his nap accidentally and as Aeson was very, very tired, I told Westen I wasn't very happy that he woke him up... So he went in his bedroom and came out a little later with a butterfly he had made for me. He told me he made it because he didn't want me to not be happy! :) He's so sweet. Poor Aeson's been exhausted all day! Anyway, we decorated our cookies tonight and tried to make a gingerbread house, but nobody ever told me how hard that was! I haven't made one since I was a kid, and this one was a total failure! At least everything else turned out! Tonight, we've been watching Home Alone 2. Westen thinks it is hilarious! It's so strange to have your kids watching movies you watched as a kid!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment