Uh oh, I got way behind! We've been so, SO busy! Aeson ended up finally getting better by Friday. Thursday was the cookie exchange I was participating in, so I had lots of baking to do Wednesday night. One of my friends stopped by to get the cookies I made (monster cookies) and she also took Westen with, so he could play with his "best friend" at the friend's house they were meeting at. It was a nice day with just Aeson here, but I think he gets bored without other kids around (his brother especially) and he still wasn't acting back to his usual self that day. We got all sorts of cookies brought back to us.. lemon drop sugar cookies, peanut butter chocolate pinwheels, cream de mint squares, double chocolate cranberry cookies, and cherry snowballs. I also made up a couple of containers of the same goodies I'd made Westen's teacher for the couple of friends I meet with weekly.
Friday was Westen's Advent program at school. He had lots of family there! Grandma Martha, Grandpa Dave, Grandpa Jim, Grandma Christy, Uncle Eddie, cousin Bentley, Great-Grandma Jalane, cousin Kasey, and the 3 of us of course! It was really cute and afterwards they had cookies in the gym and Santa came to visit. Westen loved running around with his classmates! Aeson tried to too. :)
Saturday, we had Uncle Eddie's college graduation in the morning and then went to lunch with everyone. I had both kids by myself, since Eric had to work, and it actually wasn't too bad. Aeson was really well behaved at the graduation and ended up falling asleep toward the end of it. Westen went with Grandpa Jim afterwards to get a happy meal but then met us at Aurelio's. He had a blast playing in the kids room, and Aeson was even well-behaved in his highchair-- which is a rarity! We came home for naps and then had cousin Addy's first birthday party. We had a good time there too. Doesn't seem possible she could be a year old already! We had soup and cake and she got lots of girly gifts. We only have one other child in the family that's female and that's on my side. I didn't realize how used to boy things I am! We got Addy a cute pink outfit, a musical vacuum, and a wooden peg/hammer set. We have one of the peg sets at our house & she's always loved it.
Today, we spent most of the day cleaning house, wrapping presents, and finishing up shopping. We finally picked up the boys' big gift. Our cable isn't working on one tv (HATE Comcast!), so we ended up giving Westen one of his gifts early.. It's all four Home Alone's on dvd. :) He was pretty excited. Aeson actually went to bed early tonight on Daddy, so I've had some free time! I can't believe Christmas is less than a week away... I'm going to be sad when it's over! But.. then we'll have a birthday party to plan!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
There are 4 Home Alone movies? I thought there were only 3!
I can't believe Christmas is so close either. Though I will actually be glad when it is over, it is so much stress!!
Post a Comment