I don't know if I can even remember the past few days! I'm so sleep deprived! Aeson's sleep has continued to be HORRIBLE, actually getting worse each night. The antibiotic he was on caused a horrible diaper rash, and he was in so much pain I ended up calling the doctor last night. She said not to give him his nightly dose (thank GOODNESS) & to bring him in in the morning. Thankfully, I had my sister to come over to watch the daycare kids this morning so I could take him. His fever has pretty much been between 101 & 103, but last night it even got up to 104.1. Yikes. We'd tried everything too.. giving him probiotics in the cup, all sorts of ointments and creams on his butt, warm baths like they said (even THAT hurt), elevating his head, etc, etc. Anyway, his ears were clear this morning, so we're not even sure he had an ear infection. :-/ He looked good overall, but she was concerned about the ongoing fever & it not getting better.. So she sent us over for a CBC & blood culture. I was so nervous & hated going by myself! :( Thankfully once again, we got the same girl we got last time and she is awesome. They did have to actually take his blood from a vein, rather than a finger stick like usual. It took them a while to find one, but once they did, they got it the first stick & got plenty of blood. I hate that he's had to go through so much so young! The doctor called this afternoon & the bloodwork looked good so far. She's pretty sure it's a viral infection, but she just doesn't know what it is.
Aeson did say "doctor" and "uh oh" for the first time today. He's picking up words like crazy. Some of the others I forgot the other day were... Batman, backpack, brother, nose, kiss, ball, and I'm sure there's still others. He copies all the animal noises & knows what all ours are. He signs everything I know now.. hungry, all done, milk, bath, please, thank you, more. I need to learn help and again. We've been watching The Sing Off on tv & he immediately starts dancing to the music. It is too cute! I need to get it on video. :)
I forgot to write that on Sunday we cleaned out ALL our toys! We threw away sooo much and put two totes of toys downstairs.
I can't remember Monday at all. Tuesday, I did a bunch of baking for Westen's teachers. We gave them a container full of goodies & Westen made them each a card. He drew a spider on one and a turtle dove on the other. I wish I'd taken pictures now, because the drawings were so good. I did a bunch more baking tonight. There's a cookie exchange tomorrow.. I'm going to have to miss it now since Acey's contagious, but one of my friends is going to stop by to get mine. I also made each of those friends a container of goodies tonight. I made the monster cookies, of course, turtles, peanut butter fudge, and almond bark pretzels. I've eaten way too many sweets the past couple days!
Hello out there!
9 years ago

1 comments:
Poor Aeson - and poor you! Having a sick baby (however old or young that baby might be!) is hard. And even harder when you aren't getting much sleep! I'm thinking of you all, and hoping Aeson is feeling better really soon! xoxo
Post a Comment